Borrowing, Returning & Renewing
|Item Type||Loan Period||Daily Late Charge Per Item||Maximum Late Fines Per Item|
|All Items (except those below)||14 days||$0.20||$10.00|
|Interlibrary Loan Items||Assigned by Lending Library||$1.00||$20.00 or value of item|
Patrons are limited to borrowing up to 30 items at a time with the following limits:
- Ten items at a time for CDs, Books on Tape/CD, DVDs and Magazines.
- Patrons must be 18 years of age or older to check out DVDs, including Children’s items.
- Three Interlibrary Loan requests may be in process at a time ($2 Postage Fee per item).
A maximum of 10 DVDs, CD’s, Books on Tape/CD and Magazines may be checked out at a time.
**Please note that DVDs are nonrenewable.**
Library materials may be returned to any Portsmouth library location.
Renewing Library materials is easy:
- Most items can be renewed twice if there is no one waiting for them
- Please note that DVDs are nonrenewable.
- The renewal period is the same length as the original loan period
- You need your library card and PIN to renew items using the online Library Catalog
You may also renew:
- By calling a branch during open hours
- In person at any of Portsmouth Public Library’s 4 locations (you do not need to have the item with you)
Have your library card with you when calling or renewing in person.