Portsmouth Public Library Foundation
The Foundation was founded in 1963.
It was created as a tax exempt public 501(c)(3) foundation to raise private dollars to enhance the library system’s acquisitions, innovations and special projects beyond the capacity of the normal operating budget provided by tax dollars from the City of Portsmouth and State of Virginia.
The Foundations purpose is to develop an endowment fund to help ensure a perpetual source of funds for enriching the programs of the library system.
Supporting the Foundation
You may give through your Virginia State Tax Refund. On Line 23 of Virginia Tax Form 760, enter Portsmouth Public Library Foundation, Inc contribution code 213301 and the amount you wish to give. It can be part, or all, of your refund. You can also make a donation even if you are not receiving a refund. For assistance with making your voluntary donation, go to Virginia Tax Website or by calling the Library Foundation at 393-8365.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
The Portsmouth Public Library Foundation recently enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program. It’s easy to help, just follow the instructions to register your Kroger Plus card and Kroger will pay the Foundation for participation. This program is separate from points you personally accumulate from using your Kroger card.
To use the Kroger Community Rewards Program:
- Simply register online at the Kroger Community Rewards Website
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy; click on “Sign In/Register.” If you are a new online customer, click on “Sign Up Today” in the “New Customer?” box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering your zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on “My Account” and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on “Edit Kroger Community Rewards” information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter Number 88079 to select the Portsmouth Public Library Foundation from the list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- Remember, purchases will not count for the Library Foundation until after you register your card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- You must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to benefit the Library Foundation.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
Thank you for supporting the Portsmouth Public Library Foundation!