Covid - 19
Important Links for information on the Virus:
Virus Information for Children:
Click to download a free children’s book explaining a bit about the virus.
Benefits.gov is an online resource to help you find federal benefits you may be eligible for in the United States
The National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) has put a moratorium on evictions for most residents of federally subsidized apartments. To see if you qualify, check the searchable database and map.
To Address the Ongoing Situation:
- Following National, State, and our local Emergency Declarations regarding COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, all Portsmouth Public Library locations will be closed to the public from Monday, March 14, 2020 until further notice.
- All programs and room reservations have been cancelled till further notice per Governor Northams’ directive. Our online calendar will be updated as needed.
- Need something to read, watch or listen to? Your library card gives you instant access to our digital resources like Hoopla and RB Digital.
- Don’t have a library card? That’s okay! Fill out our form with your information and we will email you a digital library card in 2 business days or less! For more details please see our Digital Library Card Sign Up page.
- Have something checked out already? Don’t worry. Your items will automatically be renewed. Holds have been extended and no bills are being issued while we are closed.
- Hand sanitizer and other cleaning tools are being utilized in all City facilities including the active disinfecting of frequently used items (e.g. door knobs/handles, light switches, computers, toys, etc.).
Visit our Facebook page for additional updates, announcements and content.