COVID - 19
To Address the Ongoing Situation:
- Following National, State, and our local Emergency Declarations regarding COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, all Portsmouth Public Library locations will be closed to the public from Monday, March 14, 2020 until further notice.
- All programs and room reservations have been cancelled through April 23rd per Governor Northams directive. Our our online calendar will be updated as needed.
- Don’t have a library card? Give us a call at 393-8501 (Monday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm) and we can set you up to get instant access to our digital resources like Hoopla and RB Digital.
- Have something checked out already? Don’t worry. Your items will automatically be renewed. Holds have been extended and no bills are being issued while we are closed.
- Hand sanitizer and other cleaning tools are being utilized in all City facilities including the active disinfecting of frequently used items (e.g. door knobs/handles, light switches, computers, toys, etc.).
Visit our Facebook page for more additional updates and announcements.
Digital Resources during COVID-19
Tumble Books’ databases are easy to use & feature unlimited access from home. Patrons can read as many books as they want, when they want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly.
Our access will continue until August 31, 2020.
World Book Online:
Putting the "home" in Homework? Looking for games, activities, and learning to quell the boredom? Check out World Book’s suite of learning products at this link with your library card!